The best all round gluten free all purpose flour is Bob’s Red Mill. Hands down. Don’t just take it from me but in the January issue of Bon Appetit,page 98, it is clearly written. What you will also find is a recipe for Gluten Free Raspberry Ginger Muffins.
Pam, Total Health Counseling, and I changed the recipe to make blueberry muffins with cinnamon for Christmas Day breakfast. Pam also had another suggestion to make these extra fluffy muffins: add flax and water.
This is our recipe which was a HUGE success!
Makes 12 standard muffins
- Coconut oil or muffin cups to line the muffin tins
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 TBS Gluten Free All Purpose flour
- 1 large organic egg *or egg substitute if you are making these Vegan friendly.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegan butter *recipe says “melted” but I whipped it into the egg sugar mix without melting.
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- *If you want to add the flax and water for extra fluffy muffins, you mix the flax with a little water and allow it to gel. I’m not sure but I think Pam used about 1 TBS of flax.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat the muffin tins with cupcake liners or coat with coconut oil.
Mix baking powder, salt and flour in medium bowl.
Whisk egg, brown sugar, butter, milk, cinnamon in large bowl. If adding the flax, add it now after it gels.
Mix in dry ingredients. Gently fold blueberries into the mix.
Divide batter evenly into the tins and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Make sure to check out Pam’s site because she has her own special cookbook available for healthier, delicious cooking.