We skipped a few pages to get to this weeks recipe because the Cassata recipes, I had already posted
1. Cassata / Ricotta Pie See HERE. *Great for Easter.
and the Custard Pie I just couldn’t see making it green in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. If all goes well, we’ll have custard pie next week. For now, we have this sweet and super-duper moist Coconut Cake. Of course I put green food coloring in the mix because, well…today is St. Patrick’s Day!
Makes 1, 13 x 9 sheet cake. Recipe by Renee Daley and posted by Rainie Piccione
- 1 White Cake Mix Box – Bake in a 13 x 9 pan
- 12 oz fresh shredded coconut *You might want to toast some of the coconut just for variety.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can cream of coconut (you can find this in the drink mixers aisle of the store)
- 12 oz Whipped cream
Bake the cake as directed on the pan then allow to cool.
Poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon about 3/4 way into the cake. Shake the milk cans then pour both the milk and coconut over the cake. Cover and put into the fridge until ready to serve. When you are ready to serve, spread all over with whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut.
This cake was so good, we not only had it for dessert but Ted had it as his post run snack.
Very good, Rainie!