Today’s long run didn’t go so well which wouldn’t be a problem except that it is my last long run before the Grandma’s Marathon on June 20. It’s always nice for that last long run to be a confidence BUILDER not a confidence SQUASHER. Just like race day, you never can tell if the body will be willing or unwilling to perform. I’ll give myself another chance with a slightly shorter distance next weekend and hope for the best. In the meantime, this body was in the mood for comfort food but instead of diving into a pint of ice cream, I decided to go a better route. The following recipe was discovered.
What if you just bought some avocados because you’ve heard how healthy they are: a good source of Vitamin E, avocados contain healthy amounts of Vitamin C, thiamine, and riboflavin. Now you have to get your family to eat them and if you have kids, that could be quite the challenge. Here is a recipe that not only uses healthy avocados but also Greek yogurt (good for the gut) and honey to sweeten. Guaranteed to be a favorite for everyone, PLUS it fits the bill for comfort food.
Makes 5 cups
- 3 fresh avocados
- 14 oz can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- juice of 2 limes (about 2 oz)
- 4 oz honey
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup Fat Free Greek style yogurt (the very thick stuff)
- 1/4 cup lite cream
Simply add the avocados, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, honey, mint and vanilla to a blender and mix until smooth. Add the yogurt and cream and blend to mix.
Serve with fresh fruit
or make your favorite vanilla sheet cake and use the cream as a topping instead of frosting.
What other recipes are your favorites using avocados?
- •3 fresh avocados
- •14 oz can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- •juice of 2 limes (about 2 oz)
- •4 oz honey
- •4 fresh mint leaves
- •1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- •1⅓ cup Fat Free Greek style yogurt (the very thick stuff)
- •1/4 cup lite cream
- Simply add the avocados, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, honey, mint and vanilla to a blender and mix until smooth. Add the yogurt and cream and blend to mix. Serve with fresh berries or use as a topping for a vanilla sheet cake instead of frosting.