First and foremost, this recipe is simple. Only 5 ingredients and they all go from one pot into one pan. Second, creative. Why? “Cause I created it. A little pat on my own back. Third, this recipe is versatile. Think of a different base other than rolled oats. What about granola? What about your favorite cereal? How about different toppings, other than chocolate? This is a really easy, fun recipe using Country Crock Spread.
Country Crock Nutrition Facts
Butter Nutrition Facts
Country Crock has less saturated fat than butter and contains ZERO trans fat per serving. No Cholesterol. No partially hydrogenated vegetable oil.
The taste and texture of these bars create a pleasant little party on the tongue. They keep well on the counter for a few days*. *If you change the base (from oats) or the topping or make the bars more moist in any way, refrigeration may be necessary.
Makes 36 Squares using a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 1/4 cup Country Crock Spread
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Oats (I used quick cooking but you might try rolled or some other cereal or granola)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (I mixed in some chocolate chunks)
Spray the 13 x 9 pan with non stick spray.
In a large pan over medium heat, melt the Country Crock Spread.
Add the brown sugar and marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat.
Quickly mix in the oats then spread immediately into the pan. Top with the chocolate chips and press into the pan.
Allow to cool at least 1 hour then cut into 36 squares.
Have you ever tried Country Crock Spread? What recipe can you come up with using this Country Crock?
- ¼ cup Country Crock Spread
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 2¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 4 cups oats (I used quick oats but you might use rolled or use your favorite cereal)
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips (I mixed in some chocolate chunks as well)
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large pan on medium heat, melt the Country Crock Spread.
- Add the sugar and marshmallow and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the oats.
- Immediately press into the prepared pan and press on the topping/chocolate chips.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour and cut into 36 squares.