Starting with Parma Ham Pizza..with 2 cheeses, pear and caramelized onion.
This pizza is the creation of Chef Patrick Nuti of ROC, New York. Chef Nuti? –AWESOME-!
Makes 1 7 x 12” pizza – or shape as you like
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 cups thin sliced onion
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 oz prepared pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 ripe pear, sliced
- 2 oz Prosciutto di Parma, cut into 1” strips OR use a vegetarian HAM substitute.
- Watercress leaves to garnish
Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Heat a skillet over high heat and add oil. When hot, add the onion, reduce heat to medium, cook and stir frequently until onion is tender and well browned. This takes about 30 minutes.
Stir in honey
Spread pizza dough on baking sheet to make a rectangle. Sprinkle with both cheeses and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
Spread onion over cheeses and top with pear slices. Return to hot oven for about 1 minute.
Top with prosciutto strips or substitute. Garnish with water cress and serve.
The Vegetarian Version
I had 3 slices…must have been good…must have been hungry.
Banana Cinnamon Dessert Pizza
Finally we get to the dessert pizza, complements of Dole Food Company.
1 10” Pizza
- 12 inch pizza crust, par-baked
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sliced bananas, divided *I used 1/2 a banana and a small peeled and chopped apple
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS cinnamon baking chips – or other of your choice *I used dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Caramel sauce to garnish *I used maple syrup
Preheat oven to 450F. Put crust on pizza pan. In a small bowl, mix ricotta and 1/2 cup banana slices. Spread evenly over the crust.
Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread half of the sugar/cinnamon mix on pizza.
Coat remaining banana slices with remaining brown sugar mix and put on the pizza. Sprinkle with baking chips on the banana slices.
Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with caramel sauce.
What a perfect way to wrap up an exciting pizza party.
Hope you enjoyed.