This is not the last pizza recipe and I know blog activity is less on weekends but just this once, don’t miss the last two delicious pizza recipes set to post on Saturday. What you’ll be looking forward to is the Parma Ham Pizza and the dessert pizza (or breakfast treat pizza) called Banana Cinnamon Pizza. But first, today’s Pizza Party Palooza, the Greek Avocado Pizza.
I’m not a huge fan of avocado, guacamole yes, avocado sliced no. When I took a bite of this pizza I didn’t expect the bells and whistles to go off in my mouth but they did. Not tons of flavor but you can bet it was good.
A wonderful recipe for a unique pizza by Merita Kraya of Euro Pizza Cafe in Arizona.
1 10 – 12” pizza
- 12 oz pizza dough
- 3/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 TBS chopped parsley
- 1 oz olive oil
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 oz cooked chicken breast, diced *If you don’t eat chicken, use a vegetarian substitute. I made half of the pizza for Ted and used cooked chicken bought from Hannafords Market and the other half I added a vegetarian “chicken strips” substitute.
- 1 oz sliced red onion
- 1 oz chopped pepperoncini
- 1/2 fresh California avocado cut into 8 slices
- 1 1/2 oz feta cheese, crumbles
- 1 oz sliced Kalamata olives
Preheat oven to 475 F. Shape pizza into a 12” round pie.
Combine garlic, parsley and oil to form a paste. Brush the paste on the formed dough.
Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top. Add the chicken or substitute, red onion, pepperoncini, avocado, feta cheese and olives.
Spread remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is brown.
Pizza 1: Margherita
Pizza 3: Potato Lyonnaise
Pizza 4: Sweet Potato Breakfast Pizza
Do you have a favorite so far?