We tried to make the best of a bad situation. Still, we couldn’t help but wonder about this little joke life played on us during what should have been a very exciting vacation. Why two people who so rarely get sick happened to get THAT sick while on such a special excursion AND within an hour of each other.
Life throws a curve ball and you go with it. We did collect some good memories.
and some not so great memories.
I’m sure we’ll laugh about this trip once we’ve had time to get over this stomach bug and forget the worst of it. So even the bad memories will be cause to smile someday.
As for now, we hold on to our attempt at making the best out of the worst.
Met some cool friends
On Sunday while we were in the spa trying to decide if we dare venture far from the resort, we met Kevin Hanson. Very nice guy who spent a few minutes talking to us about some of his team. For those who are not aware, he coaches Desiree Davila and other Olympic caliber athletes and is famous with his brother Keith for the Hanson Training Method. That was my excitement for the day!
When you’re sick and away from home, there are so many things that get under your skin. I can’t tell you all the things that happened on this trip that don’t normally happen. In the same regard, I don’t think I’ve met so many thoughtful, helpful, happy people.
It will be a long, long time before we make a trip back to Disney. We need to forget and move on and look for a better experience on the next adventure.
Some Stomach Flu Tips (I hope you never have to use them):
1. Stay hydrated: Sometimes even water doesn’t go down well, if the that’s the case, try ginger ale or sprite/7-UP, maybe anything fizzy.
2. If your head is pounding, some ibuprophen will help. Don’t take too many and only for the first day or so. Let your body heal itself.
3. You won’t have much of an appetite but try to eat at least half an orange (refreshing and Vitamin packed), maybe even some dry toast with the tiniest bit of honey. Don’t over eat. Eat in little bits every now and then. Your stomach is super sensitive and will protest LOUDLY if you put too much into it. *It’s going to protest any way but you cannot go without eating completely and you MUST hydrate.
4. Sleep when you can. Be prepared for chills then sweats. Keep plenty of the softest toilet paper available stocked up in the bathroom.
5. Take a nice hot bath as soon as you’re able. It feels good and relaxes the belly ache/cramp.