A pizza party potato PIN-Anza! Chef Robert Okura of The Cheesecake Factory you do work wonders with pizza and potatoes!
A unique pairing of pizza dough, potato, roasted tomatoes, and so, SO much more. Make sure you add this one to your pizza party pillar of creations.
Makes 4 – 6 servings
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 8 oz potato, peeled, boiled, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2 oz caramelized onions, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 oz pizza dough
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup either Béchamel or Light Parmesan Alfredo sauce or other favorite white sauce
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 oz Fontina cheese, grated
- 3 oven roasted Roma tomatoes, cut in half then 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 6 sliced brie cheese ( 3” long x 1/4 “ thick)
- 2 TBS Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 oz fresh watercress
- 1/2 oz baby spinach
- 1 oz vegetarian style ham or if you eat meat, pancetta cut in 1/4” pieces cooked crispy
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 TBS plain fresh yogurt
Preheat oven to 500 F
Heat oil in pan over medium high heat and add potato slices. Cook until brown around edges. Add caramelized onion, gently toss together and set aside to cool.
Stretch pizza dough around a 10” diameter pan. Brush with oil and sprinkle with minced garlic.
Ladle white sauce on dough, spread evenly. Sprinkle mozzarella and fontina cheese on dough. Evenly distribute potatoes/onions on top. Sprinkle on the roasted tomatoes.
Layer the brie on pizza in a star fashion. Sprinkle on parmigiano cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes.
While pizza cooks, toss watercress, spinach, vegetarian ham/pancetta, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
Remove pizza and cut into 6 slices. Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with a little yogurt, garnish with watercress salad.
This pizza is very tasty but you must keep those potato slices thin. If they are too thick, the most pronounce flavor will be potato. Keep them thin.
Don’t neglect the little drizzle of yogurt and the watercress salad. It really adds a lot to this pizza. A must for your next pizza party and another great option along with our first two: