There is a purpose behind the title and it’s all in the name of OCRF which is the acronym for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. Foodbuzz is posting a challenge to spread the word and raise money for the fund. It will donate $50.00 for every Banana Split post by a Foodbuzz publisher. So…..Do The SPLIT!
To read more about the Kelly Confidential website (raising awareness for OCRF by Kelly Ripa) click on the link.
And now, the long awaited feature:
The Healthy Banana Split
Some required ingredients…
For one split to be shared by two …or eat it yourself, it’s THAT healthy.
- 1 fresh, washed strawberry, sliced
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled (you’ll only use about 2 to 3 slices)
- 1/2 a banana, cut in half length wise
- 2 TBS crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 2 Luigi’s ice (at only 60 cal. per ice cup with 1 g sugar and 0 g fat, these are a dream)
- Optional: whipped cream and cherry
Scoop the frozen Luigi’s ice from the cups and place on a plate, dividing in half the lemon ice. Put one scoop of strawberry ice in the middle and 1/2 a scoop each of lemon on either side of the strawberry.
Place a slice of banana on either side of the ice scoops.
Top each scoop with choice of fruit: strawberry, kiwi, and pineapple. If using, finish with whipped cream and a cherry.
If you want some crunch, how about adding 1 TBS of healthy low-fat granola? That sounds good.
Oh so good. Another please?
Make sure to check Kelly Confidential on how you can support the OCRF.