After the race yesterday and a grueling workout today: ran 3.3 on the TM, 25 minutes of weights (this workout) plus 3 mile jog with Shane, I was ready for a zesty, kickin‘ meal.
This recipe is adapted from a much loved English chef named Keith Floyd. Julia of ASliceofCherryPie and James of backtothechoppingboard are hosting a tribute to the popular chef, a blogging farewell so to speak.
I wasn’t at all familiar with Chef Floyd, however after reviewing several of his recipes, knew I had been missing some wonderful meal presentations. I chose “Prawn, Mango and Ginger Stir Fry” and made my own version, varying the ingredients only slightly.
Serves 2 – 4
- 1 TBS Canola oil + 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup thinly chopped carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped NOTE: After preparing the chilies, wash your knife, your cutting board and your hands because the juices from those hot little suckers will get on everything. If you happen to wipe your eyes after working with chilies or hot peppers, LOOK OUT! 😯
- 1 TBS fresh gingerroot, sliced thin into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 plum tomatoes – chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Jumbo Shrimp -deveined and remove tails
- 1 mango – peel and cut into wedges
- 4 TBS rum *This is the GOOD part! 🙂
Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the carrots and stir fry for 1 minute over high heat.
Add onion and contine to cook 1 minute. Add the chilies, half of the ginger and all of the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Add the prepared tomato and stir fry another 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove and place in serving dish. Keep warm.
Wipe the pan, add a 1/2 TBS canola oil and when the oil is hot, add the shrimp and quickly sear both sides JUST until opaque. Add the rest of the ginger and then the mangoes. Add the rum and flambe’ (if you dare).
Arrange on a bed of mixed vegetables and enjoy.
As for tomorrow, same workout plan as last week which you can check on last weeks posts if you want to “Get Your Bod Back”. Woo Woo! 😛