I must have had a very good leg workout this morning because I’m getting sore already. It was probably the workout coupled with the high resistance walking. Guess that’s good but I get really miserable when my legs are sore. That’s a warning to Ted.
Today I ate as normal but nothing really settled well. I had my morning snack which was the Fage 0% plus N/F Pineapple Cottage Cheese mix, with a few almonds and raisins added.
For lunch, the salad was great! I used the Tempeh Sausage mix left from last nights dinner and added the F/F asian dressing to my standard salad mix. Although I have been forgetting to add the bell peppers this week..hmmm?
A simple glass of H2O to wash it down.
A nice freebie when I got home:
Chex Mix Turtle: 13o cals. 3.5g fat. 26 g carbs. 2 g protein. Not quite the amount of protein I like in a bar. It will be saved for my weekend cheats. Unless Ted gets to it first.
Tonight’s dinner is Honey Glazed Salmon:
Preheat oven to 425F
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- Let the above sit while preparing the following:
- 1 TBS Smart Balance + 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 chopped Shallot
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/2 TBS cider vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- 1 1/2 TBS lemon juice
- Saute the shallot in SB and oil for about 1 min. on med. hi. Add the rest for about 2 – 3 min. Remove glaze, turn heat up to high and add salmon to the pan for about 2 min per side – just to brown.
- Place salmon in baking dish (as usual, I use a foil lined pan….lazy me!) and drizzle cooked sauce over the fillets.
- Bake for 8 min. Try not to over do it!
Reduce heat on that “dirty” pan that you just cooked the salmon in ( to med),…lots of flavor in that thar pan…. scrape any burned skin which might have stuck and toss away, add 2 TBS lemon juice and 1/4 cup water and heat 8 asparagus spears for about 4 min. on med. To be served on top of salmon.
Pierce the butternut squash with a knife or fork and microwave for as long as it takes your mw to cook it. Depending on size, ours takes about 12 min. Scoop the ”meat” out, mash it up, mix in s & p to taste, put into a pyrex type dish, place in the oven to keep warm while salmon is prepared.
Nutrition (per 4 servings) which includes asparagus and squash:
360 cals., 14.2 g fat, 28 g carbs., 32 g protein.
If you cook and bake with a smile on your face, everything will come out tasting like a little piece of love was added.